Friday, April 13, 2012

A curtain....

Today, I had to get my sewing machine out.
I decided to use some fabric from my stash to make a curtain.
I had these old horizontal blinds on this window and they looked horrible.
I didn't have money to spend on these.
So, I just cut the blinds off the square rod thing that holds them up,
and used that as my rod.
I barely had enough fabric to make this, but I like the way it turned out.
I cut up some charm squares into 2.5 inch squares and added a line of patchwork to it.
DSCF5862
It not designer quality, but it's much better then what I had.
Now I have to make another one for my other kitchen window.

I have my parents coming for a visit this weekend.
So, I don't know how much sewing I'll get done.
Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

barb's creations said...

Love your new curtain,great idea to use the squares to break it up :) Barb.

Amanda Mac said...

It is a great way to brighten up a window with a small piece of new material. I did this once with a $2.50 remnant from Ikea. Had barely enough for a rod pocket and 30 cm drop but added a bow about 30 cm in from either end so the hem was gathered up a bit and ended up as a scallop shape. Thanks for sharing...

Carla said...

Very nice. I am redoing a room soon for a nursery.
Nice idea.

SewCal Gal said...

Great idea. I love thrifty projects.

When I was in college I made somewhat similar window treatments, but as it was in a snowy & cold environment, I used an insulation in my drapery. It looked cute and did a great job keeping the cold out too.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com