Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The dress and apron are all done!


Hi everyone,

I had to make a costume for my daughter's play.
She needed a dress and apron for the play "Alice in Wonderland".
So, I took the challenge and made her a dress.


This is probably the most complicated piece of clothing I have ever made.
But, I'm happy with the way it turned out.
It fits her comfortably, and is decent.
The original pattern has a really low neck line.
So, I had to make that adjustment.
I used the Burda pattern 7556.
I used a polyester to make this dress.
It did have a bit of stretch, but it worked out.
I hope she likes it.
I put a lot of hours into it.

Hugs

 


7 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Oh Ariane She is growing up so fast xx

Lisa said...

Great job!

Carla said...

Oh my gosh. You must have looked exactly like her when you were younger ; )

Michele Pacey said...

The dress looks beautiful Ariane. You did a really great job! She better like it! :)

Barb said...

First off, your daughter is sooooooooooooooooooo stinking adorable!!! Love the outfit you made her!

Dresden Quilter said...

It looks amazing and she looks amazing in it!

a good yarn said...

A great result! She certainly looks the part. Nice work.